1. Each chain link is reinforced by four cross bars and offers a large unsupported length
2. Crossbars can be removed on both sides
3. Stop-dog with brake for noise reduction
4. Optimised gliding surfaces with side wear pads
5. Wide plastic crossbar - cable-friendly
6. The largest igus® e-chain®
7. Dirt-repelling exterior contour
8. Alternative available with Reverse Bend Radius (RBR)!
9. High stability due to undercut design
10. Inner/outer link principle
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 100 mm (with 5 kg/m fill weight), this should be taken into account for all application types.Please contact us if you have particularly narrow space conditions.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed endPitch: 250 mm per linkChain links per m: 4Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
Unsupported length versus fill weightX axis: Unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: Fill weight in kg/mLower scale: Travel S in mFLB = Unsupported with permissible sagFLG = Unsupported with straight upper run
Reference example A:
Fill weight = 15 [kg/m]
Unsupported length FLB = 7,0 m
Travel = 14 m
from 15 m to max. 450 mChain length= S/2+K2Long travels - gliding (up to max. 450 m) Here, the e-chain® upper runs gliding on the lower run in a guide trough. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 12 and 15 m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®.
A1 = Moving endA2 = Fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough with glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Steel mounting brackets
10 widths and 8 bend radii
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: Standard
As standard, igus® separators are fitted every 2nd chain link!Please observe minimum clearance from the side links! e-chain®: 6 mm
For vertical separation. Provides secure stability under load due to its wide base, even for large cables and hoses.
Spacers can be used to fix separators
in position. To prevent the interior height from being reduced by 2 mm, the spacers can also be installed on the opening crossbar from the outside (not for long travels). XX
= Spacer width (choice of 10, 15, 20 mm).
Steel - pivoting
Stainless steel - pivoted
Steel guide troughs
A1. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ 2-part design - configurable from chain width+ Very stable+ cost-effective+ large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 90.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 90.31
Installation sets, Part No. 90.50. XX
Data protection declaration